Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

15 May 2006

Graduation Day

On Saturday I walked across the stage of Carver Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City and crossed the finish line of my thirteen-year bachelor degree marathon. After the ceremony, my family and I celebrated with a family-style meal and great fellowship in an Amana restaurant. Never before have I had a day when I thanked the Lord so frequently and so fervently.

I've been working steadily toward my degree for thirteen years, but receiving it has been the fulfillment of a thirty-year deferred dream.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Glenda!

Our God is an *excellent* God!!

5/16/06, 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Glenda! Congratulations! I don't know if I'll ever finish my degree, but you give me hope. If you and/or Dave are free Sunday afternoon between 2 and 4, stop by Work Systems' Conference room for Isaac's HS graduation open house. We'll celebrate your success as well!

5/16/06, 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Glenda! It's wonderful to hear that you've finally accomplished this goal.

5/16/06, 11:50 PM  
Blogger Glenda said...

Thanks for taking time to leave your comments, Doug and Esther and John! It really is an incredible feeling to experience the fulfillment of this lifelong dream. God is good!

5/19/06, 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home