Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

23 October 2007

Post-Wedding Reflections

My brain is in a state of post-wedding numbness. At church on Sunday, I talked to another mother whose daughter had married on Saturday and we agreed that we felt like survivors; we also agreed that we would take a Tylenol PM that night!

A good night's rest certainly helps one think more clearly, but I still feel as if the gears in my brain are not quite meshing. They've been running in wedding mode for so long that they grind when I try to shift to writing mode.

It takes intentional effort to put in the clutch and shift gears, and I'm making that effort.

Family members, however, will find a few more wedding pictures posted on my private blog. If you're interested in viewing that blog, contact me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home