Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

18 May 2009

Providence

Few doctrines are as precious or practical as God's providence. I am continually amazed at how God works the events of my life according to his purpose.

Yesterday morning's sermon was on 1 Kings 19, a passage that I had just incorporated into the first book of my juvenille series of four novels about "Matthew."

This morning, while searching for a pastor's email address, I found this excellent article about why pastors ought to read fiction.

Was it coincidental that I found the article the morning after a woman from my church asked me to consider giving a presentation on good Christian fiction to a group of young women?

I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home