Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

05 January 2011

Praise in the flood, Psalm 93

God never ceases to amaze me.

It's likely because I'm such a slow learner that God continues teaching me the same lessons over and over. But I believe an additional reason is that God delights in delighting his children.

This morning I was extremely delighted to see once again God's perfect timing!

For the last few weeks, I've been getting discouraged by an editing project that seemed to grow rather than diminish. Concerns for others have been weighing heavily on my mind. And while I've enjoyed great fellowship with family as well as old and new friends, our household continues to be pretty hectic.

While I plodded through the seemingly unending editing project, I was unable to open email attachments containing two other large editing projects, in spite of repeated attempts from many people. This was frustrating, of course, but it actually reduced my stress level during this busy time of year because I didn't have opened files waiting for my attention. When these two additional projects came to mind, I thought, "Well, I won't worry about those for right now. I don't have working files yet anyway."

This morning I finally finished the mammoth editing project. And when I went into my email account to send those files off, what should I find but new files of the other two projects waiting for me! And, wonder of wonders, I finally was able to open them!

The amazing timing made me break into praise that was very nearly Pentecostal: Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

Psalm 93, which is next in my meditational schedule, seems altogether appropriate:

The LORD reigns; he is robed in majesty;
the LORD is robed; he has put on strength as his belt.
Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

Your throne is established from of old;
you are from everlasting.

The floods have lifted up, O LORD,
the floods have lifted up their voice;
the floods lift up their roaring.
Mightier than the thunders of many waters,
mightier than the waves of the sea,
the LORD on high is mighty!

Your decrees are very trustworthy;
holiness befits your house,
O LORD, forevermore.

Over the surging of the floods and the roar of their waters, God reigns in imperturbable majesty. His throne is from everlasting. His decrees are trustworthy. He is in control of all the turbulent and traumatic events of our lives.

In his perfect timing, he will still the storm and draw back the flood. Even though it may seem as if we will know only despair and sorrow for the rest of our lives, God will rescue us in his perfect timing. He will restore hope and joy.

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home