Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

31 December 2007

So long, 2007!

I can't help feeling a bit of elation to say farewell to another year. Not because it's been a more difficult year than previous ones (it hasn't), but because every year--indeed, every day--that passes brings us closer to the day of our Lord!

I decided some years ago that making New Year's resolutions was not very productive, but I must admit that there are always things I think about trying to do better in the new year. Usually spending more time in personal devotions tops the list, followed closely by sending birthday cards to family members and elderly church members, generally followed by my perennial effort to lose weight. And this year I'm thinking that I would like to make more time for writing poetry and working on my novels. But I'm not making any resolutions...
Speaking of novels, I received this sweatshirt from my daughter, Ariel, for Christmas --

If you can't read it, it says: "Careful, or you'll end up in my novel."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your new sweatshirt! I hope it brings you inspirations galore!

12/31/07, 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home