Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

27 May 2009

The Challenge of Matthew Two

Now that Matthew One is fairly fit, I've been working on the second book in my juvenille fiction series about Matthew. Matthew Two has a frame of about 25,000 words, but like Matthew One this Matthew needs some fattening.

The real challenge has been to craft a beginning to this second novel that provides the necessary information from the first novel while grabbing the reader and pulling him or her immediately into the story.

The challenge of that introductory and transitional material initially intimidated me. But once I stopped thinking about it and actually started writing it, I had great fun!

The things my characters say and do sometimes surprise me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home