Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

25 February 2010

Project notes

Brightly colored sticky notes are strung along the shelf edges on the hutch above my computer monitor. I'd been having trouble keeping track of all my different projects, so now I write each new project on a sticky note and post it in front of my work area.

I just posted the 21st sticky note. It's definitely time to finish some projects and start tearing down those sticky notes!

The sad thing is, when I look at them, there isn't a single one I can complete and take down today! Some are quite simple, but involve work I can't do today. Most will take a lot of time and effort.

This week I've been doing a lot of correspondence for various projects and scrambling to meet deadlines. One of the deadlines that sprung on me was taxes.

I know taxes are as certain as death and as predictable as the sunrise, but I thought I had some time. For weeks I'd been thinking that I didn't have to rush for once since, for the first time in something like fourteen years, I didn't have to work on college financial aid information for me or any of my four children.

When I woke in the wee hours of Tuesday morning and couldn't get back to sleep, I suddenly realized that our college daughter (who graduates this May), will need to sign her return before she leaves for Rome next week.

Crunch time.

This morning I faxed the necessary information for her return to the tax preparer. But I can't pull down the "TAXES" sticky note yet because we still have to work on ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home