Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

07 March 2011

Keen Sox

My husband isn't exaggerating too much when he says that my toes warm up about July.

Sadly it only lasts a few months. Wool socks become my constant companions from early fall to late spring. In Iowa, that translates to several months. I have little interest in shopping for clothing or shoes, but I love wool socks!

The socks I love are not my husband's bulky wool socks that fill an entire drawer of our dresser. Although I borrow a pair or two when I hunt deer with him, the socks I love are thin socks blended from fine Merino wool. They fit comfortably inside my Merrells. On the coldest day, they keep my toes toasty.

I discovered thin wool socks one day in Cabela's bargain cave. But I fell in love with them a few years ago when I purchased my first pair of Smartwool socks. These socks are wonderful! They are also expensive and require a sizeable investment. Every year at this time, I hopefully watch for Smartwool socks at slashed prices. But these socks evidently sell well and don't go on sale very often.

Last week I walked into Brown's Shoe Fit and tok advantage of some slightly reduced Smartwool socks as well as a special offer on Keen Sox. A pair of these ingeniously designed "sox" includes a designated left sock and a designated right sock.

I was going to post a picture of a couple of pairs, showing the bright yellow "L" and "R" triangles on the big toe portion of the sock, but my monitor went blank when I plugged my camera's USB cord into my CPU.

It came back to life only after I manually shut down the computer and restarted it. Apparently the system experienced a static shock. Our air is very dry since we heat with wood and our wimpy humidifier died on Saturday. Obviously, I must replace it soon to avoid losing either my monitor, my motherboard, or both. I've lost both too often during recent winters to take another chance.

And while I'm thinking of it, I believe it's past time to back up.

Before I do that, I'll finish this entry by simply saying, "I'm keen on Keen Sox."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home