Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

23 June 2005

Casablanca

Last night Dave and I stayed up too late watching Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in our frequently-viewed copy of the original black and white Casablanca. We've watched the color-enhanced version, but we feel the colors detract from the artistic use of shadow and light that makes the original so marvelous. Of course, the acting and script contribute a lot to the overall experience. Each time I watch it, I sympathize with Ilsa's believable confusion and cheer Rick's decision to do what is right in the end. The acting, the plot, and the cinematography make this film one of my all-time favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home