Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

29 October 2005

Encouragement

While I was typing my "Dry Spell" post yesterday morning, my mailman was slipping a small envelope into the appropriate cubbyhole in his sorting case. After lunch I found that envelope in my mailbox and, seeing my name and the name of the sender, tore it open and read the note as I walked back to the house.

It was from a dear friend, an older and far wiser woman, who wrote: "I want to thank you for the excellent writing you are so busy doing. I read and enjoy all that I can find.... Your command of the English language and the succinct way in which you convey the message makes for easy and delightful reading! With appreciation--and love--..."

So often I find that God has provided just what I needed before I even asked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home