Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

15 November 2005

First Snow

The first snow of the season is falling, and it's beginning to stick. The forecast is for one to three inches by morning. The snow is beautiful on the green needles of the evergreens and the rust leaves of the oaks in the woods surrounding our home.

I love snow, if neither I nor my loved ones are out driving in it and I am watching it fall outside the window of my snug home, kept warm by a blazing fire in the wood stove.

Wood heat is warmer than LP or electric heat; it's a far more comfortable heat. There must be some kind of scientific explanation, but I don't really care about an explanation. I just know that wood heat feels cozier than any other kind of heat. It's like the difference between regular sheets and flannel sheets. You can't understand the concept of more cozy until you experience it for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home