Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

02 November 2005

Walking

I walked with my friend, Barb, yesterday. Even though it was windy, it was another gorgeous fall day with a clear blue sky and temperatures in the 60s. We stopped near the dam to watch the pelicans. Realizing how soon the weather will become November dismal, we try to take advantage of these nice days. We agree that walking outdoors with a friend is much more enjoyable than forcing oneself onto a treadmill.

When I walk, however, I tend to focus primarily on the path in front of me. I may glance at my friend or the vivid colors of the sky and leaves, but most of the time I’m looking down at the tarred cracks in the asphalt path.

That reflects the way I walk through my life. I spend too much time looking down and focusing on my drab path instead of raising my eyes to focus on relationships and the many evidences of God’s beauty and love in my life. I spend too much time praying for solutions to my problems instead of setting my mind on things above.

Help me walk with upraised eyes, O Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home