Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

03 December 2005

What I did this morning

My husband and I aren't exactly polar opposites, but his interests lie somewhere along a latitude of 80 degrees north while mine are more like 80 degrees south. He's a man of outdoor action; I prefer to read in front of a fire.

That's why it's difficult to say who was more surprised, him or me, when I volunteered to go deer hunting with him this year.

We were in place about an hour before sunrise this morning in 19 degree temperatures. I kept checking the time on my cell phone (set to "silent" mode) and, as soon as season opened, I went on high alert.

About ten minutes after sunrise, a deer walked directly in front of me. I thought: It's not that big; it doesn't have a massive rack, but it's too good a shot to pass up. As I aimed the .357 pistol, I thought: Behind the front leg and about a third way up. I shot. The deer dropped.

End of story.

4 Comments:

Blogger blackhat said...

Pistol packin' mama!

12/9/05, 8:09 AM  
Blogger Glenda said...

GlendaDoug, it's more like pistol packin' grandma!

Pastor McGee, I prefer the pistol for one primary reason: lack of recoil!

12/27/05, 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Glenda!

One of my favorite guns, and definitely my favorite sport.

So you're bringing the jerky to classis next week? ;-}

1/13/06, 12:56 AM  
Blogger Glenda said...

No jerky this year, Doug, but we did process about 80 lbs. of meat, mostly ground, and I canned 10 pints for the first time.

1/13/06, 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home