Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

13 January 2006

Catching Up

It's been over two weeks since I posted and I haven't posted at all in 2006! Since I included my URL in our Christmas letter this year, I'm sure lots of friends and relatives are eagerly awaiting my next post. Well, maybe one or two have wondered if it was worth their time to visit.

The reason I haven't posted is that well-worn excuse: I've been busy.

We had some great family times over the holidays, and I was wise enough to schedule my course work with the holidays in mind. I finished my first advanced Latin course before Thanksgiving and finished both a writing course and a web course by mid-December.

Now I've begun my second Latin course, which is the final step in my BLS marathon, and will soon begin another web course. I can tell that I haven't done any serious Latin translation since before Thanksgiving. It's amazing how quickly things leak out of my sievelike mind.

This week I traveled by train to and from Chicago for editorial meetings at Mid-America Reformed Seminary. Those trips are always exhausting, but productive. It's good to be on site and discuss things in person.

Traveling by train allows me to do some work during the hours of travel and, this time of year, frees me from worry about driving in dangerous weather conditions.

The weather this week, however, has been wonderful! Yesterday afternoon the sun was shining in a clear sky and the temperature reached 56 degrees. Yes, folks, that's 56 degrees in Iowa on Janury 12!

There is undoubtedly a whole lot of winter still ahead, but every day like yesterday is one less day of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home