Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

30 April 2007

Coincidence?

For weeks my work has been at almost a complete standstill. Nothing fell into place.

Personal circumstances made it look as if I might have to give up my work completely, and I felt as if the lack of work coming to me was God's way of preparing me for the inevitable.

But, as I wrote in my last post, I was kicking against the goads. When I began my work as a writer, I felt as if I'd finally dug up my one talent and put it to work for the Lord. For the last several weeks, I was feeling as if the Lord had removed my lampstand. And I wasn't happy.

Last week I finally realized that I was failing to submit. I prayed, "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

Immediately the work began to pour in. The floodgates have been opened and I'm trying to channel the rushing waters. The desert may yet bloom.

Is it coincidence that my work picked up immediately after I finally submitted?

I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home