Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

10 August 2005

Why Ascribelog?

When I was considering and praying about blogging, the name "Ascribelog" came to me. Some of the primary reasons for choosing it: connotation, double-meaning, and sound.

The main reason I liked the name was because I felt that the word "ascribe" properly puts the focus on giving God glory. But I also liked the double-meaning of "a scribe log" or a journal of someone who writes. And then I liked the way the final "b" sound of "ascribe" blends with the initial "b" sound of "blog."

All of which was very likely self-evident to my many readers, but I thought it might bear explaining anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home