Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

02 September 2005

Grace for Today

At times I am overwhelmed with my own human frailty.

Yesterday I rode in a vehicle for more than twelve hours and sat in a wood pew for more than an hour. The resulting pain, stiffness, and fatigue were distressing.

Yesterday I also made a quick comment that was insensitive and hurt the feelings of someone very dear to me. The resulting regret and guilt is even more distressing.

I depend so much on God for everything I do, and He is faithful to graciously provide for all my needs. But sometimes my pernicious sinful nature escapes its flimsy chains and lashes out, minimizing my relationship with God and mauling my relationships with others.

And then, although I am totally undeserving, God restores me with His blessing.

I wake this morning nearly free from pain and fatigue. My friend responds to my apologetic email with mercy and grace.

This morning, as dawning clouds glow with pink, I bask in the glow of God's grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home