Ascribelog

Taking thoughts captive

My Photo
Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Favorite smells: mown hay, turned earth, summer rain, line-dried laundry

13 August 2005

Les Miserables

On a recent trip to the libraray, I picked up some classics I'd like to read in the (probably) vain hope that I might find time next week. One of them was Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.

Last evening I discovered that we had purchased a DVD of an old movie version out of a discount store bargain bin and had never opened it. I opened it and we watched it for the next few hours.

I'm ashamed to admit that I really knew very little about the plot. I knew that a poor little girl figured largely in the story line, but that's about all I knew. A man unjustly imprisoned for nineteen years figured far more in the movie. The movie was quite good and now I'm eager to see how well it followed the book.

So I guess I'll be tackling that two-inch wide volume of Les Miserables first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home